Important Information for JC1 Students
Welcome to Temasek JC! Orientation will be held from 7 Feb to 11 Feb 2022. To ensure all JC1 students are well prepared for the start of their journey with us, please note the following information.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (REPORTING TIME & VENUE)
Students are to report in their secondary school PE attire/ IP dress-down uniform on the first day of school (7 Feb 2022).
Students are to report to school based on staggered reporting timing from 0730am onwards. Your Orientation Group Leader will call you to inform you of your Orientation Group on the afternoon of 4 Feb 2022. If you do not pick up the call, you will receive a text message.
Please register your attendance at the canteen first.
ITEMS TO BRING
Students are to bring the following items on first day of school: Stationery, Mobile device (e.g. phone) and ear piece. Do bring along sufficient money for lunch and breaks. Those interested in taking Further Mathematics as a subject are to bring along a scientific calculator (not graphic calculator).
You can bring a Tupperware for lunch if you prefer, as your OGLs will help to purchase lunch on your behalf.
PURCHASE OF SCHOOL UNIFORMS
Purchase of school uniforms will be scheduled on the following times/dates: 8 Feb 9am to 2pm, 9 Feb 2pm to 6pm, 10 Feb 2pm to 6pm.
A sum of $140 will be more than sufficient per student.
APPEALS INTO TJC
Appeals into TJC For students interested in appealing into Temasek JC, please click here.
SELECTION ROUND FOR MEP & AEP (JC1)
Music Elective Programme SelectionFill in all the relevant details and information in the form here.
- Please sign up by 7 Feb via the website above.
- Prepare 2 contrasting pieces of music for your instrument together with your instrument (if not piano) for 8 Feb. 2 complete photocopied sets of your pieces must be brought along as well for the practical audition on 8 Feb.
- Report to Music Studio 2 on 8 Feb at 730am for the Theory component. Bring along your writing stationery and earpiece (with wire).
- Auditions will be held from 9.45am onwards on 8 Feb. The time allocated is 25 minutes per candidate.
Art Elective Programme Selection
- Please sign up for the Aptitude Round by 7 Feb with this link.
- Bring the materials listed in the sign up form.
- Report to Art Studio 2 at 7.30am on 8 Feb.
MEET THE PARENTS SESSION
There will be a Meet the Parents Session over Zoom on 7 Feb 2022 at 6pm. The details will be provided to your child/ward directly as well as on the Orientation website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information For more information on the day-to-day happenings for Orientation 2022, please go to our Orientation website and follow our student life Instagram page @thisistemasek.