Sec 4 Students (DSA-JC)
APPLICATION FOR DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION TO JC1 (INTAKE 2022) IS NOW OPEN
Application for DSA-JC Exercise 2021 commences from 6 May 2021 to 02 July 2021 (5:00 pm, Singapore time).
If you possess leadership excellence, are passionate about the Music Elective Programme (MEP), Humanities Programme, performing arts or sports and relish challenges, then TJC is the place for you! Rooted in tradition, focussed on excellence with an emphasis on serving the community and nation, TJC will ignite your passion. With us, you can imagine possibilities, make them happen and reach for the stars. Our programmes are designed with you in mind.
The DSA is an alternative route to seek admission if you wish to continue your pre-university education in a Junior College. Under this exercise, your talents and achievements, in both academic and non-academic areas, will be considered for admission into our College. You can also apply through the JAE with your GCE O-level results if you cannot decide at this juncture.
You are eligible if you are currently a Secondary 4 (Express) and Secondary 5 (Normal) student in our mainstream schools. You can apply through the following DSA domains:
· CCA – Performing Arts
§Chinese Orchestra, Choir, Drama (English), Modern Dance, String Ensemble, Concert Band
· CCA – Sports
§Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Floorball (Boys), Football (Boys), Netball (Girls), Shooting, Tae Kwon Do, Water Polo (Girls)
· Humanities Programme
· Leadership Excellence
· Music Elective Programme (MEP)
We are looking for talented students who can contribute in the following areas:
CCA - Performing Arts
CCA - Sports
|Leadership Excellence |
Music Elective Programme (MEP)
|Applicants should demonstrate passion and strong achievement in music through one or more of the following:|
Applicants should submit evidence of the above, together with other supporting documents as stated on the college website.
1) Application Form
- Click here (https://dsa.tjc.edu.sg) to proceed with your online application. The application form should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
2) Supporting Documents
Supporting documents must include:
- Sec 3 academic results slips (Mid-Year [if applicable] and End-of-Year)
- Sec 4 academic results slips (Till the latest available; including CA/WA)
- Sec 1 to Sec 4 CCA records (Till the latest available)
- Records of additional qualifications (only highest level required), achievements, awards, scholarships, etc. (if applicable).
3) Selection & Interview Sessions
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via e-mail and/or a telephone call to attend a video conferencing session between 24 May to 10 July 2021.
4) Outcome of Application
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via e-mail by 16 August 2021.
- Before the end of the Offer Stage, we will make Confirmed Offers to selected students. If you wish to accept a Confirmed Offer, you will be guaranteed a place in Temasek Junior College as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
- Each student is NOT allowed to accept more than one Confirmed Offer at any time.
- Once students have accepted an offer under DSA-JC Exercise, they will not be eligible to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE), as long as they meet the eligibility criteria for JC admission based on their GCE O-Level Examination results.
- Successful DSA-JC students are NOT allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the GCE O-Level Examination results as they are expected to honour their commitment for the full duration of the programme.
- The College will not release detailed results of the video conferencing sessions and interviews. The College reserves the right not to reveal the results or reasons for non-selection.
- The College will not provide the application outcome over the phone.
- Please refer to MOE's website at www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-jc for more information. You are encouraged to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provided at the website.
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the students' aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools' academic and non-academic rigour and the programmes that develop the respective talent areas.
- Temasek Junior College will be rebuilt as part of MOE’s plan to start a multi-year, multi-phase JC Rejuvenation Programme. This will facilitate collaborative and interactive learning to support the educational needs of our students. The rebuilding works at Temasek Junior College are tentatively planned to be carried out from January 2023 to December 2025. During the rebuilding period, the school will operate at the former Tampines Junior College site located at 2 Tampines Avenue 9 S(529564). During this period, the school will put in place the necessary measures to ensure a smooth transition for the students. The Tampines JC site will also be enhanced to help achieve the school’s teaching and learning goals.
- Performing Arts: Ms Serene Tan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports & Other CCAs: Mr Ng Siong Boon - email@example.com
- Humanities Programme: Mr Koh Weining – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leadership Excellence: Mr Tan Teck Joo - email@example.com
- Music Elective Programme: Mr Aaron Chen - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general enquiries regarding the DSA(JC) application, please contact the TJC General Office at 64428066 during office hours or email: email@example.com