Home > Admissions > JC Year 1 (DSA-JC)
JC Year 1 (DSA-JC)
APPLICATION FOR DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION TO JC1 (INTAKE 2023)
The application for the DSA-JC Exercise (2022) will commence from 05 May 2022 to 01 July 2022 (5:00 pm, Singapore time).
If you are sitting for the GCE O-Level examinations at the end of this year and possess talents in the humanities, music, performing arts, sports, or have strong leadership qualities - TJC is the place for you to consider for your Junior College years! In TJC, we help every TJCian develop holistically and fulfil their potential through our robust curriculum and student development programmes.
The Direct School Admission (DSA) scheme provides students with the opportunity to seek admission to a Junior College (JC), based on a diverse range of specific academic and non-academic achievements and talents that they can demonstrate beyond the GCE O-Level examination. S4E / S5NA O-Level students seeking admission to a JC can consider applying through DSA-JC based on your achievements and talents. You can also apply through the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) after the release of your GCE O-level results if you cannot decide at this juncture.
For more information on DSA-JC, please refer to the MOE website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/post-secondary/admissions/dsa.
DSA-JC ENGAGEMENT SESSION
The college will be conducting a DSA-JC engagement session for interested students (via Zoom) on 20 May 2022 at 4pm. More details of the briefing session will be made available in due time.
You are eligible if you are currently a Secondary 4 (Express) and Secondary 5 (Normal) student in our mainstream schools. You can apply through the following DSA domains:
- CCA – Performing Arts
- Chinese Orchestra, Choir, English Drama, Modern Dance, String Ensemble, Concert Band
- CCA – Sports
- Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Floorball (Boys), Football (Boys), Netball (Girls), Shooting, Taekwondo
- Humanities Programme
- Music Elective Programme (MEP)
|DSA DOMAINS||SELECTION REQUIREMENTS|
We are looking for talented students who can contribute in the following areas:CCA - Performing Arts
Music Elective Programme (MEP)
Applicants should demonstrate passion and strong achievement in music through one or more of the following:
Applicants should submit evidence of the above, together with other supporting documents as stated on the college website
1) Application Period
Application opens on 5 May 2022, and closes on Friday, 1 July 2022, (5.00 pm, Singapore time).
2) Supporting Documents
Applicants should submit the following supporting documents:
- Sec 3 academic results slips (Mid-Year and End-of-Year)
- Sec 4 academic results slips (Till the latest available; including CA/WA)
- Sec 1 to Sec 4 CCA records (Till the latest available)
- Records of additional qualifications (only highest level required), achievements, awards, scholarships, etc. (if applicable)
3) Selection & Interview Sessions
Shortlisted applicants will be notified via e-mail / telephone to attend in-person interview sessions / selection tests between 23 May and 16 July 2022.
4) Outcome of Application
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via e-mail by 16 August 2022.
Please click here to apply.
- Before the end of the Offer Stage, we will make Confirmed Offers to selected students. If you wish to accept a Confirmed Offer, you will be guaranteed a place in Temasek Junior College as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for admission.
- Students are NOT allowed to accept more than one Confirmed Offer at any time.
- Successful DSA-JC candidates will not be allowed to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise. They will also not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the GCE O-Level examination results. They are expected to honour their commitment to the DSA-JC schools and to participate in activities related to the talent selected in, for the duration of the programme admitted to. Students who do not fulfil their DSA commitment without valid reason may be required to transfer out to another school.
- The College will not release detailed results of the selection tests and interviews. The College also reserves the right not to reveal the results or reasons for non-selection. The College will not be able to provide the application results over the phone.
- Please refer to MOE's website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/post-secondary/admissions/dsa for more information. You are encouraged to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provided at the website.
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the students' aptitudes and strengths, taking into consideration the range of programmes offered in various schools.
As part of MOE’s initiative to provide high quality infrastructure for JCs and meet future needs, plans are underway for the existing TJC campus to be rebuilt. The new building will facilitate collaborative and interactive learning and support the educational needs of our students in the future. TJC will move temporarily to the former Tampines JC site (2 Tampines Avenue 9, Singapore 529564) in January 2024 and we will be there until December 2027 while our current campus in Bedok is being rebuilt. Staff and students can look forward to moving back to our rebuilt campus in January 2028. The school will ensure that the transition between campuses will be as seamless as possible as we continue providing a top-quality learning experience for all our students.
If you have any enquiries regarding the DSA application, please contact the following:
- Performing Arts CCAs
Ms Serene Tan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports CCAs
Ms Jonique Ang - email@example.com
- Humanities Programme
Mr Koh Weining - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Tan Teck Joo - email@example.com
- Music Elective Programme
Dr Gary Laycock - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general enquiries regarding the DSA-JC application, please contact the TJC General Office at 64428066 during office hours or email: email@example.com