Returning Singaporean (RS) and International Students (IS)
JC1 (INTAKE 2019) IS NOW OPEN
Returning Singaporeans (RS) /International Students (IS) application for admission to JC1 (Intake 2019) is now open and will close on 30 November 2018 (5.00 pm, Singapore time).
About RS/IS Admission
Admission of Returning Singaporeans (RS) and International Students (IS) into mainstream schools is subject to availability of school vacancies, the student meeting the school’s admission criteria and the student’s successful application of a Student’s Pass (STP) from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), if necessary.
This admissions exercise is an alternative to seek admission if you wish to continue your pre-university education in a Junior College. Under this exercise, your talents and achievements, in both academic and non-academic areas, will be considered for admission into our college.
Returning Singaporeans (Important Points)
- You are strongly encouraged to apply under MOE SPERS-JC/MI, a centralised placement exercise for Returning Singaporeans - Junior Colleges/Millennia Institute, conducted in November each year for Returning Singaporeans who wish to join the Pre-University 1 level at the beginning of the next academic year. Registration for SPERS-JC/MI opens in Jul each year.Please click on this link for more information:https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans/admission-to-post-secondary-institutions/admission-to-jc-mi/spers-jc-mi
- If you are not participating in the MOE SPERS-JC/MI, it is preferred that you sit for the J-PACT test and apply to our school with the J-PACT results. The J-PACT is opened to RS/IS who wish to study in Singapore and is a test that helps schools administer the testing of RS/IS and to assess the educational levels of students for admission purposes. If you get your J-PACT results before our closing date, you could send it to us. You are still required to sit for our school-based tests if you are shortlisted by us.Please click on this link for more information: http://www.pact.sg/
International Students (Important Points)
- It is necessary that you sit for the J-PACT test and apply to our school with the J-PACT results. The J-PACT is opened to RS/IS who wish to study in Singapore and is a test that helps schools administer the testing of RS/IS and to assess the educational levels of students for admission purposes. You are still required to sit for our school-based tests if you are shortlisted by us.Please click on this link for more information: http://www.pact.sg/
RS/IS Application Process
- Click here to download the application form.
- Submit a hardcopy of the application form (with a photography affixed) and supporting documents to the College by Friday, 30 November 2018 (Singapore time 5.00pm) to:
- Administration ManagerRS/IS Application for JC1 Admission (Intake 2019)Temasek Junior College22 Bedok South RoadSingapore 469278
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to undergo selection tests for English and Mathematics, and an interview. Only applicants who meet our selection criteria in the test would be offered a place in our College for the next academic year, starting in Jan/Feb 2018, based on results of the tests and available school vacancies.
The schedule for the placement tests will be made known via email to shortlisted applicants. The selection test fee applies to non-Singaporeans i.e. the rate for the first subject is S$44 and every additional subject is S$22 (inclusive of GST). The placement test can only be taken once and the test results will not be disclosed to applicants.
Selection Test period: End-December 2018 / Early January 2019
If you have any enquiries regarding the application, please contact the TJC General Office at 64428066 during office hours or email: email@example.com .
Please refer to Singapore Ministry of Education’s website to read more about:
- Returning Singaporeans:https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/returning-singaporeans/admission-to-post-secondary-institutions/admission-to-jc-mi/spers-jc-mi
- International Students’ admissions:
You are encouraged to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) provided at the website in case you have further queries