In Temasek Junior College, our students are at the heart of all we do. This is the primary motivation for our teachers to innovate and continue to improve in Teaching and Learning, with support of educational research. Bearing testimony to this enterprising spirit of the College and the commitment and dedication of staff members, the College was earmarked as the East Zone Centre of Excellence for Research in 2008, enabling fellow teachers to enhance their teaching through educational research.
In 2014, our research centre became an affiliated organisation of ALARA (the Action Learning, Action Research Association Inc. founded in 1991), providing support for teachers who want to share their research projects through the association's journal and at world conferences.
Enhancing Teaching and Learning through Research, Injecting Rigour in Practice
Connect and Support a Community of Informed, Reflective Practitioners
To provide support for our East Zone colleagues who are keen to leverage upon research to hone their craft of teaching in areas of curriculum design, pedagogy and assessment to enhance Teaching & Learning in their schools.
Facilities and Services:
Our research centre provides the following facilities:
- Computers with research software (SPSS) (N Vivo)
- Video editing software (Pinnacle Studio Ver 12 Ultimate)
- Scanner for survey forms (optical reader)
- Observation room (with 2-way mirror)
- Open area to hold a classroom lesson (with CCTV recording option)
- Rooms for research work and collaboration (EZi Room, Fisher Room)
We support our East Zone colleagues through the following services:
- facilitating the borrowing of books from NLB or NIE
- helping teachers in Data Analysis
- assisting teachers in the use of the equipment in the research studio
Calendar of Events:
You can download the calendar of events for 2018.
Centre of Excellence, Research@EastZone
Temasek Junior College
22 Bedok South Road
Email : email@example.com
Here are websites of organisations you may wish to visit to find out more about their programmes and conferences:
Here are resource sites in which you may find articles of interest: